Wednesday, March 4, 2009

FLASHLIGHT GARDENING

Ok so the days are getting longer but not fast enough. I was late leaving work and traffic was a bugger.

It was a stunningly beautiful 30 minute evening. Just long enough to gather eggs, count chicks, feed and water, and change clothes.

Well where there is a will there is a way. Thus the beginning of Flashlight Gardening.



I transplanted all my snow peas. Wow did they do well in my new LED grow box. I transplanted my 2 butternut squash also outside. I am pretty sure that it is not the right time but I did it anyway.
My tomatos are amazing. They are leggy and it is time to move them into larger pots. I will stop at the store tomorrow and get some more of the same potting soil. I want to star more stuff in there. I will also pick up a new splitter for my hose since mine mysteriously broke when I wasn't looking.
I also want to start my herb seeds. I think it is time to get a major herb garden going and also some flowers.
I want to start marigolds, and some of the edible flowers. They make such a beautiful garden and salad.

3 comments:

Leasmom said...

Tracy you're doing excellent. Next month I'll be ready for seed starting. Its nice to see you doing so well. Will you plant two gardens, a spring and summer one this year?

Tracy Bruring said...

I would like to do intensive gardening. I have the book square foot garden and it talks about using the garden constantly. When a square is spent, you pull out the old plant, add a little compost and plant something else.

Faith said...

LOL I do quite a bit more of flashlight work than I'd like. We were working in the dark last night. In the rain, in the dark last night. In the rain, in the dark, with bruised knees from falling chasing the horse last night.

Ah, I love farm life, don't you? LOL

~Faith