Monday, March 2, 2009

LOUD SILENCE

Wow after having so much company this weekend, I can't believe how loud the silence is!

Got a call from my daughter in law and she and the grand kids made it back to NC...barely but they made it. After several flight cancellations due to the weather, and finally having to be re-ticketed on another airline, she made it. I bet she is soooo glad to be there and the kids too.

Today was a 5 egg day. Does it ever amaze you that no two eggs are alike? Different color, shape weight?


Only Oreo is using the new roost as of yet. I may add some tilted tin to the top of the nest boxes to discourage roosting there.

I added a new post today. Dragonflys Place. I encourage you to view her post today. If your community does not have an emergency preparedness plan, get involved. The department of Homeland Security is trying to get all communities to prepare. I am amazed at how few do have an active plan.

Weather is Dragonfly's passion....it is my job. I see first hand every day the damage bad weather can cause, I talk every day to people who are forced out of their homes at a moment's notice unprepared. I am amazed that they are unprepared! Since Dragonfly has an amazing eye for photography I look forward to seeing the photos she adds to her blog.

Some of the blogs I follow have preparedness as a theme. Homestead had a homesteading theme but with an underlying preparedness view.

If you can not get your community involved, then prepare your home, and then move outward...close family, close friends, aquaintences and co-workers...and so on.

Yes a lot will think you are nuts, but it will still cause them to think.

No comments: