Wednesday, March 18, 2009

ALIENS AND HAPPY MEALS

Tonight I picked up the grand kids and decided to stop at the golden arches (yuk) for a snack to tide them over on the long drive to feed horses.

***NOTE TO PARENTS***Turn off the tv and radio in your car when your kids are there. You are missing out on some interesting conversations!

1 Mile down the road Jayden informs me that they have moved some "furniture" into their home made lean-to. Then he told me that there was an Alien living in the lean-to also.

Yep....his name is Shadow and when he wants to he has 20 eyes and 5 arms. But then he can change to look just like Jayden.

I asked what he liked to eat...Jayden said he happened to like the same Mighty Kids meals that he like so maybe we should get an extra one since Dakota had snuck him into the trunk.

He has a sister named Hola. They live on Jupiter in a town called &%)*$#@....not sure how to pronounce it here. Sometimes Shadow goes invisable. Sometimes you could stick your hand right through him....but you can't pull out the hamburger though.

At the farm where Sweetheart is they really enjoy the goats although only one is nice enough to let them pet her. They like to lay down in the field after she eats and she lays beside them to get scratched.

Then they found two beautiful red lady bugs with black spots.....on a hill.....so they say they must be Hill Lady Bugs. These are different than the ones on my farm as they are smaller and orange with black spots.

After the long process of feeding was over I got in the car and started it, looked in my rear view to see where the boys were only to catch sight of Jayden taking a big drink out of the billy goat water. Not sure if I should be worried about that one. Gag me.

All I had time to do when I got home was feed chickens, water and gather eggs. Going to bed very early tonight.

4 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

What great imaginations! My daughter was in the edge of the field yesterday and said "Look, corn bones!"...it was a corn cob and some stalk pieces from last year. Drinking the goat water cracked me up...sounds like something she would do! I hope you get a good night's rest! :)

Tracy Bruring said...

Thank you Jennifer. Corn Bones. Goodness I love kids and their minds!!! I slept wonderful. we all went to bed early. Kids by 8:30 (they were asleep instantly) and me at 9. I feel rested today for a change.

Leasmom said...

I miss conversations like that. Now its all about boys.

Tracy Bruring said...

Patrice wait til you have grand kids. It is even more fun.