Thursday, March 5, 2009

TIME TO TRANSPLANT

Well the grow box works well for peas and squash. But the tomatos were very fragile when I transplanted them tonight. I may have been too rough on them getting them from the box to pots. We will see if any survive. I think next time I will put the tomatos under an actual grow light and will transplant a little earlier on the peas. They were way too tall. I need to stake them soon but keep running out of light.








I got out of work at 4 to finish my taxes only to realize I didn't have all of my stuff with me. So I called a friend of mine who offered to let me go to her shop and rummage through her trash pile. They are remodeling and said they had a bunch of scrap wood I could have. I filled the trunk and the back seat.






With two grandboys building a tree house, and me wanting raised beds and maybe a potato bed that I keep adding to, you can never have too much spare wood.

I am not done yet. I only barely took what they had in one small pile. There is another huge pile. I ran out of light. I had to get home and work on the tomotos.

Possum Trouble: Well the possum is coming on the porch every night eating cat food. I keep letting him eat it because otherwise he might notice I have baby chicks in the shed or hens in the hen house. Heather had to sit in the car for a while when she got home from work late last night because he was sitting on the porch. Her boyfriend is going to come over with his gun and take care of that situation as I don't own a gun yet.

2 comments:

Leasmom said...

Get cridder ridder and put it around your porch and around the hen house and they won't come around.

Tracy Bruring said...

what is it?