Thursday, March 26, 2009

SO MUCH FOR GETTING ANY WORK DONE

Ok so the storms that raced up through the middle of the country have as expected made for some long hours for the next couple of weeks. And although that will keep me from getting much work done here....that's not what the title means.








I got home tonight and decided to try something. I have a ton of the wild garlic/onion things (egyption walking onions) around my yard. So I cut about 2 pounds of them, then using scissors I cut them into 1/2 inch lengths and put them in the dehydrator. I plan on using them this winter in soups and stews. They are so yummy. If they grow back I will keep doing this until they stop growing or I get enough.





Tonight: I ate a huge salad OUT OF MY GARDEN! Ok so it was the winter lettuce but so? It was yummy with onion buds from the wild onions, calorie free asian dressing, shredded cheese and yes again...butternut squash raviolis. This was so cool. I will run out and feed and water the animals, check the garden and start the laundry. THEN.......................




Yep once I start this....I won't get anything done for the next fews days.

2 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

My oldest daughter LOVES Twilight! I haven't read them yet. I know how easy it is to get sucked into a good book! :) Your dinner sounded yummy. I can't wait to have some winter lettuce. That is one of my goals. What are the butternut squash raviolis?

Leasmom said...

Lea loves twlight and I assume she'll force me at some point to watch it now that its out on dvd. HELP.

Tracy, you need to rest so enjoy it while you can and good for you eating out of your own garden/yard.