Monday, March 23, 2009

NO HELPER TONIGHT.

Well I got off of work at 4pm because I know the weather is calling for storms tonight and if I let the piles of grass from last night get wet it will be a disaster. At lunch I ran to Home Depot and got a box of 68 Husky brand lawn and leaf bags.

Came home by 4:45pm and by 5 I was in the field with rake and bags in hand. By the end of my first pile I didn't know how I was going to make it through all the piles by myself. So I figured I would just keep my head down, listen to the red winged black birds singing in the cattails, the hoot owls in the creek right behing me, and hope the rain didn't start before I died of a heart attack.

I tried not to stop often because it was hard to start again. I figured on 30 bags. I was wrong. It was 40 when all were bagged. I think I missed a pile on the hill by the pond, I forgot to go back and check. It was almost dark when I came it.

This took me 3.5 hours....all by myself. I wonder really if I will be able to get out of bed in the morning.

I took some Aleve and decided I better eat dinner even though it is late. So I made a wonderful salad, with asian shrimp noodle stir fry and a calorie free asian salad dressing with soy sauce.


It was so wonderful I am glad I decided to eat.

Got 5 eggs tonight but I was too tired to see how many blues, greens browns or pinks. Since it was dark when I went to gather them, and I didn't have a flash light, all I did was stick my hand in and feel around. Now I know better than this. I prayed the whole time that there would not be a snake in the box.

Note for tomorrow: while getting ready to rake tongight I noticed that there might be something digging into the hen house. I piled bricks up against the wall over the holes. I will have to set the live trap this weekend.

Just checked the radar. Spring storms firing up in the mid west. The wind is blowing hard here and the clouds look as if it could start storming at any moment. You all know my job is weather related. I bet I have a busy next few weeks. I am glad I got that raking done.

ps...the bags are still out in the field. I just didn't have anything left. Oh and the last thing I did was mow a little standing patch of grass....guess what? There was a hidden piece of firewood in it and I hit it with my tractor. It is stuck in the blade. I really hope I didn't hurt my grass ride!!!!

4 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Oh my goodness, you bagged a TON! Your dinner looks delicious! :) What kind of weather related job do you have? I sure hope your mower is ok! I am really enjoying your blog. :)

Leasmom said...

What a minute...Tracy...you bagged all that for 3 1/2 hrs and you still MADE dinner. I would have been dragging myself into the house, phone in hand and when the pizza was being delivered I'd be screaming from the floor for them to lay it on me!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

Patrice you crack me up. You know, I was hardly sore today and I don't know why. Also expecting an allergy attack and nothing! I don't get it. Maybe there is a hump that once you get over your body says "what the heck". I am simply thankful!

Faith said...

Looks like a giant bunny rambled through your field. :)

~Faith