Saturday, March 21, 2009

SATURDAY EVENING POST

Ok it is time to get ready for the party tonight. I am beat. And I haven't even done that much. But boy am I excited about something. Look at what I discovered around the perimeter of my property......blackberries

















tons and tons of them.
even around the pond.....


and around the tree in the front yard.



While I was out mowing the grass this morning, I swung the tractor around and this is what I found.....some demon possessed my little grand children.....



Then I found what demon it was.....what unsupervised children will do.




I got lettuce planted and swiss chard even though it is not the right time for either. I planted them in the front flower bed where the winter lettuce is growing.

I didn't plant the tomatos but left them for tomorrow.



The auracans are taking a break today. Only brown eggs sitting on the toad house. Maybe the giant toad who lived out in the chicken house will live in here instead of insisting on staying in the hen house. I am not sure if chickens eat toads.


And you can sure tell it is spring in Texas.....the fire ants are wide awake.

3 comments:

Leasmom said...

Thats great news except the grandkids part...but the blueberries. And hope the Easter Eggers will catch up with the eggs.

Tracy Bruring said...

Patrice it is blackberries. the blueberries are at the other end by the garden the blackberries are wild.

Tipper said...

Yay for the blackberries! I'm lucky to live near many many wild ones-and blackberry jelly is my favorite! The artistry your grandkids left you-looks like something my girls would do!