Saturday, March 21, 2009

SATURDAY MORNING POST

I can't say today is the perfect day because the sky is hazy not bright blue, but it is still beautiful and will be 75 degrees. I have planted about 10 sunflowers and mowed about an acre. I am currently in the house, just ate a late breakfast and am waiting for the advil to kick in! lol

I am then going to take my sister a dozen and a half eggs, go feed horses, pick another huge bag of vetch.

Then I will swing by Home Depot and get two bags of potting soil, some bedding plants, tomatos and stuff, and come home and plant them.

Fill the portable water tank (trash can in a wagon) and water the blueberries (I have flowers on the blueberries!) I didn't think they were supposed to produce their first year. If they are still a good prices at Home Depot I might get some more. (In case you are wondering from the last post...this was a planned purchase)

I raked up pine needles and re-mulched the blueberries because they love acid soil.

One thing I have to do but dread it is rake over by the large oak tree. There are tons of leaves there. I will pile them up there and start a compost pile that I will add the next load of rabbit manure to. I will cover it with a tarp til next year.

On payday I will be purchasing hop ryzomes. I have a request from my daughters boyfriend for fresh hops for home made beer and also I can use them in a relaxing tea or sleep pillows.

Ok time to get off the couch.

3 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Wow...sounds like a busy day for you! I am finally getting outside...I promised myself I would get all the house work done before I could go out and play in the garden. :) LOL I am looking forward to hearing about your blueberries. We got raspberry bushes yesterday for the first time. I think blueberries may be in the plans eventually. We bought two apple trees yesterday as well...we are going to plant them today.

Tracy Bruring said...

Oh man I was eyeballing the granny smith trees at Home Depot. They had 2 gallon 6 ft tall trees for 17! But I didn't buy them. I may go back though.

Leasmom said...

Amazing how much work your putting into your property. You work hard and you deserve the best!!