Saturday, March 28, 2009

COLD MORNING

I got up before the sun. Drank coffee with a kitty on my lap and caught up on some blogs. The N wind is whipping still around the house. Then I picked up the book and now it is 2 hours later. What happened to the time.


I was hungry....what do I want on a cold winter morning for breakfast? What else but hot tomato soup and home made corn bread.



Just sat down to eat and then will go to the feed store, take a shower and go to work.

:(

*****UPDATE******

I have people coming to get the 40 bags of grass today. They called me right as I was getting off of work. So I fed horses in Lucas and then raced home. Got my coat and work gloves and ....yes in this cold wind....headed out to the field to bring them in. After two trips up to the house, each time carying 4 bags I decided to get the tarp.

On the tarp I carried 7 bags dragging it behind me. By the next trip I was frozen and exhausted. I went and got the tractor and an old partial electric cord without a plug and drove out to the field. Ok this load had about 10 bags on it, no wonder I was tired. Anyway, I strung the cord through the holes in the tarp, then around my seat and drove slow dragging the tarp. It worked great. It only took one more load to get the final bags.

Then while I was out and because I knew I didn't want to go out again, I fed and watered. I will gather eggs later.

I had a bad thing happen. I had the chicks kill one of their own and were on their way to do in another one. I brought him in the house and he is happily healing in the living room in a cage. I will give him about a week and then smear him with Vicks and put him back out. He is eating and drinking fine so I think he should be ok.

7 comments:

Tipper said...

The tomatoe soup-and cornbread sound good-any time of the day!

Tracy Bruring said...

I can't wait to see my own homemade soup on the shelves.

granny said...

Hi there,just letting you know Ive had a chance to drop in and have a visit!Great blog!I really enjoy reading how others live,and Its nice know there are people out there that also enjoy a simple life,like me :0) I have to say though,I dont think I could have tomato soup for breakie!! And I have no clue about corn bread ??? So this is what I love about blogging! always learning!I hope your week is a happy one,kind regards from Down Under.

ChristyACB said...

Why would the chicks do that?

Peggy said...

Does tomato soup and corn bread for breakfast give you all that energy?!I can never understand how you keep going, I get tired just reading the amount of work you get through.

Tracy Bruring said...

LOL Peggy I wish it gave me energy. I was very tired on Saturday. Christy I left you the answer to your question on your blog.

ChristyACB said...

Thanks for the answer. I didn't know some of that! And for sure I'm going to be less blase about maybe napping near chickens with a cut on my finger! Wowza!