Tuesday, March 3, 2009

CHICK DISASTER! **Updated*

Ok I don't know how else to explain the email I got from my daughter (the citified little blonde living with me) except to copy and paste it.

Received 3.3.09 3:07pm

so i don't know if you did this on purpose or what...but omg...
for the past 2 1/2 hours i have been chasing every single one of your baby chickens through the yard....
the plastic barrier thing fell down and the back little gate thing was wide open so they ALL got out and were running around in the yard and in with the big chickens.
Red was fighting me like running after me as I was trying to grab the babies that were in with them!!!!
omg...
i hate chickens...

I got them all but 3...those are little smart shits! I put water and food out for them but will need your help when you get home to nab them.

good grief!!

**********UPDATE**************

Well Heather rescued the remaining 3 chicks who had been hiding under the brood box.



Then she helped me go get a load of mesquite wood from a guy advertising on craigs list. Now I am ready to cook out over the open fire this summer.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

That is priceless, the mental images it conjures up! I hope it does not put any of them off laying.

Leasmom said...

Oh God, I know how it is to lose some baby chicks. We had two escape along time ago and we never did get them back. I assume they became dog food. I'm glad you were able to get them all. Its amazing how they can get into trouble, isn't it.

ChristyACB said...

Priceless!

What is even funnier is that I can see myself saying all the same stuff the first time I lose control of chickens..lol.

Good for her she kept up the good chase, though.

Tracy Bruring said...

Yep I was very glad she took care of it before calling me. She is very pro active. Now If I could just get her to close the bread bags and turn off the toaster oven!

Must not have hurt egg production. I got 4 today.