Sunday, March 8, 2009

SWEET SUNDAY **UPDATED WITH PHOTOS**

Well I went to my daughters boyfriend's home last night for a steak dinner. This boy is really nice. He has a good job, and an amazing home. It is an 80's design that he says fits his weird personality. It is on an acre of solid oak trees. The kitchen is all glass and looks out over the woods.

He is a wine connoisseur and always has really good picks. We drank a sweet white that was perfect. He also makes his own hard cider which is served out of a keg cooler under pressure. He has an open bar that makes downtown Dallas bars look meager.

He has stone floors in the open design living kitchen area, with a modern wood burning fireplace and a HUGE stereo tv system with 3 speakers that are around 3ft tall by 2 ft wide by 2 ft deep.

He has a yellow lab named Charlie who is so well behaved and cool to be around.

And he and my daughter cooked the most amazing meal! Marinaded steaks cooked out on the grill, grilled seasoned potatos, fresh salad and Texas garlic toast. Wow. Then we watched a movie and then sat out on the back porch looking at the bunnies hop around. I am not used to staying up late but I went to bed at 1am (really 2am with time change)

But as I sank down in my bed last night...the windows were open...the cool breeze was blowing in...I snuggled down in my blankets with just my face out of the covers...and the quiet was beautiful.

I woke this morning just before sunrise to the sounds again of the spring birds singing. I love spring.

Dad and Mom are coming today to help me stake wire for the sweet peas. They are really growing.

Here is what I have gotten done this morning:

1. pick up the millions of pine cones in the yard and put them in an water tight container
2. picked up 12 large black trash bags of trash around the yard. I was really brutal. If I hadn't used it in 6 months it went in a bag. Why was I keeping all the empty paint cans?
3. Mounted a hummingbird feeder (I heard one this morning...probably last years waiting for his feeder)

Doesn't sound like much...why am I so tired?

Yet to do that are musts:

1. water the blueberries **DONE**
2. clean under the brooder box...this should be fun since it is windy
3. water the pinyon pinelings **DONE**
4. First mowing of the orchard **DONE**
5. Repaired and mounted the new bird house ***DONE*

6. Staked the sugar snap peas.


Beyond that I think I will wing it. I am picking up a free art easle in Plano today off of Craigslist. The boys love to paint. I have to feed the horses...this is a long job but I will pick up my glass wine carbons (is that what they are called?) from the barn.

Then When I come home I will unload the dishwasher (trying to keep it that way so we can just load as we go) and sit and clip and organize coupons and check on this weeks sale items.

2 comments:

Leasmom said...

I love those raised beds. Good job!

Tracy Bruring said...

If only I had the money to build all that I want. one step at a time