Wednesday, March 25, 2009

IT'S COME A FROG CHOKER

Ok so maybe not a frog choker, but it rained like the dickens. By the time I got home the end of my driveway was totally under water.

The rain has stopped for now though and the end of the clouds is moving eastward and the sun has just broken through.

You are not going to believe what I bought on the way home! Two Granny Smith apple trees. They are 5 gallons and about 7 feet tall. That was interesting getting them home in my Galant. I will unload them in a bit once I put my mud boots on. Looks like the brief high winds have died out thank goodness because it is chilly. Wow black clouds on one side and sunny on the other. Very cool. No pic though, sorry.

I just ate a salad with butternut squash ravioli and sweet peas (all store bough though). Yum!

Since I hate mud....have I told you guys I hate mud...yep I bet I have...anyway since I hate mud I will only do the chores outside that I have to. When I bought the trees at Home Depot, I also bought a new broom...mine mysteriously broke when the grandboys were here over spring break, and I bought scrubbing bubbles. I am going to do all my laundry, scrub tubs and toilets and sinks, scrub wood work with Murphys oil soap and then sweep, mop and vacume. By then I will need a long hot shower.

Then the best part. I am going to make a huge cup of herbal tea with honey, sit at my computer and cuddle with Flash.
Ok I have put off the mud chores long enough.

3 comments:

Tipper said...

Seems your rain has moved into my area now! Here we call it a frog strangler.

I've been looking around your blog-and really like it-I like your outlook on life-much like my own!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I hope you had a great evening! The apple trees sound fabulous! We had a time getting ours home in our mini van...my daughter had branches above her head! :) LOL Our rain stopped today...but it is supposed to SNOW 3 - 6 inches Saturday! And the low will be n the 20's. I may have to do a bit of plant covering up. It is supposed to be a heavy wet snow...the kids are excited! (((hugs)))

Tracy Bruring said...

Thank you very much Tipper!! Welcome. I love yours very much and have watched it for a while now. Like Peggys blog, sometimes I just run it in the background just to hear pap's music.

Holy cow Jennifer!!! I so seriously would cry!!!