Saturday, May 2, 2009

PROGRESS OF A TORNADO

I had just gotten home...just ahead of the rain...or I thought it was just rain....changed clothes and was just inspecting the eggs getting ready to go in the incubator when the phone rang.

^
It was dad...I could hear in his voice that this weather report was different than other. "There is a tornado on the ground between you and Rockwall"....yep that was sure different. I turned on the TV and watched long enough to hear the weather man say the same. Daughter and boys were snuggled up asleep.







I stuck my head in and told her to get the boys to the storm room...laundry room at the center of the house.


They took it in stride as you can see. Jayden continued the nap....


Dakota read....




Then they both decided it was a good place to camp....




Then something funny happened. The bubble where the Cowboy rookies were practicing collapsed...so did any of the new stations continue to report on the tornado? Nope. So we were on our own.


So daughter and I did what any responsible adults would do....we went outside to watch the storm. And I believe we came within 4 miles...maybe closer. Out back was black...out front was black....raining buckets. But no hail and no shingles flying around.



I am getting batteries in the hand held NOAA radio.

****UPDATE*****

DINNER:

MESQUITE GRILLED CHICKEN (YES THE ONES I JUST BUTCHERED)
SLICED BUTTERED SEASONED BAKED POTATOS
SEASONED RICE
PINOT GRIGIO

3RD WAVE OF THE STORM IS MOVING THROUGH...ABOUT 5" OF RAIN SO FAR

3 comments:

ChristyACB said...

Wow! That is a true deluge! I hope it doesn't make it all the way here.

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

I am glad you all are safe! Sheesh...5 inches of rain. Blech. I really hope it isn't headed our way!

Tracy Bruring said...

IT IS FINALLY OVER.