Saturday, May 9, 2009

COOL HUMID SATURDAY MORNING


I woke this morning to the sound of a Wren who was sitting on a branch outside my window. If anyone has ever heard a Wren, you know they are a big song in a little package. There would be no sleeping in today.

I made coffee and forgot to put the pot under it until about half way through so I got to clean that up. I did the dishes and grabbed the broom to chase the chickens out of the front flowerbed again. In my pj's. Yep I think the neighbors are keeping track of the crazy chicken lady.

I am listening to Lew Rockwell's show. He is interviewing Jack Spirko who does The Survival Podcast which I listen to every day.

I have to go to work today. I have to feed horses and I have to pull the peas up, work the soil in that bed and replant it. I may need to treat the squash and pumpkins so I don't get stink bugs. I need to work on my weedeater. The motor is running good but I need to pull the line and clean that, put new line on and see if I can get it to feed better.

COOL THING: I candled my eggs last night!!! You would not believe how cool it is to see that little embryo floating around in the fluid of the egg. I can't wait to show my grandkids.

This weekend I am going to fill in the fire pit. Every time it rains it fills up and doesn't drain. This prevents us from having a fire to sit around or cook on. Therefore I am filling it in and then will add flat stones and then put back the perimeter stones. Then we will be able to have a fire and cook after a rain. I will have to clean it out more often but that is ok.

gotta get after it....burning daylight.

2 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Sounds like a busy day for you! That is so cool about candling the eggs. And the fire pit...we have one too that hubby built and we just love it! I hope you get to enjoy yours soon. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to you! :)

Faith said...

I really wanted to candle our eggs this time because of the off temperature day we had (which later turned out to be very detrimental). But I did not have a strong enough light to our name at the time.

I really need another spotlight flashlight. So handy out here in the dark in the country. You can see for such long distances.

~Faith