Sunday, May 31, 2009

SECRET NEST

I FOUND IT! I KNEW IT EXISTED BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHERE. OUT OF 7 HENS I HAVE BEEN GETTING ABOUT 3 EGGS PER DAY.

WALKING PAST THE YUCCA TREE I HAPPEN TO GLANCE DOWN AT JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT....



SNEAKY LITTLE DEVILS....STUDMUFFIN WAS GROWLING AT ME TWO FEET FROM MY HEAD THE WHOLE TIME I WAS STEALING HIS GIRLS EGGS.






HERE IS THE STASH...29! NOT ONE ROTTEN ONE IN THE BUNCH EITHER. BUT I DON'T WANT TO STORE THEM BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN WARM FOR THE LAST TWO DAYS.






THEY ARE ALL IN BOILING NOW....MAKING MORE PICKLED EGGS. I AM IN LOVE WITH PICKLED EGG SALAD.
^
^

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Those eggs were hidden so well, it is amazing that you found them. The eggs look so pretty with all the different colors mixed together like that.

Faith said...

LOL Quite a stash they'd built up.

I'm never confident enough when they've been out in the heat for that long. Did you test them by floating in water?

~Faith

Tracy Bruring said...

Yes. It hasn't been hot for long here. I floated them and boiled them. I can tell you this though. I will freak out if I take the shell off and find a boiled chick in any stage of development!!! Leslie yes they are very very pretty.