Saturday, May 16, 2009

BETTER PLANNING NEEDED

I couldn't sleep last night and turned on the tv at about 3am and found the weather on. When I saw the radar I knew why. I really need to watch the weather better when I make my lists.


It was raining while I drank coffee and fed and watered the chickens.


It stopped for a while so I unloaded the trailer with all of my belongings. Holy cow there are a lot of them. I found some white thick soft strings and used them to tie up the tomatos. I also got the tomatos pruned and cut the cilantro and brought it in to the frig. It started pouring the rain in the middle of working on the tomatos.


I had 1 tomato out front that I had to tie up with was fun since I don't have a gutter.


I weeded most of 1 of the raised garden beds. 4, 5, 7, and 8 need to wait until tomorrow. Since I have so much washing to do I think I will wait until tomorrow to go to work. All of my belongings need to be sorted, cleaned, and either stored or put in a pile to advertise on craigs list. A lot will need to go.







6 comments:

Faith said...

Today is my one day off. So I am going through your blog and finding we have much in common! :)

Glad to have found your blog and am going to enjoy our side-by-side journey of making it on our own and not being afraid to try stuff.

I'll try not to post too many comments... But I can relate to pretty much all of your posts. LOL

~Faith

Tracy Bruring said...

Faith I can't wait to get caught up on your blog. I agree. Your weather sounds similar to mine. I am in zone 8 are you too?

What did people do without blogs. How on earth did people like us find others of similar minds to talk to? I am glad you are here.

Leasmom said...

I have to do the same thing. I need to start placing our stuff on Craigslist. Hope the storms pass quickly for ya'll.

granny said...

Im a great list writer too!!Doesnt always go to plan with me either,no matter, there's always tomorrow :0)

Faith said...

No, I'm zone 6b. Just had to replant melons last night, because I think we planted them too soon. And we get 45 inches of rain a year. I gather you are in a dry zone? Looks more like my native CA.

Tracy Bruring said...

Well normally we are dry. The last few months makes me wonder if this will be the new rain forest.