Monday, May 4, 2009

WON'T THE RAIN EVER END?

I got home with a few hours of daylight, said hi to the daughter and raced to get some mowing done. The field is really high and it is supposed to rain again tomorrow.

Well I had to fight to not get stuck. It looks like I drank a whole bottle of wine before I mowed because I had to mow around the huge puddles. You remember I have a drainage problem right?

Well I had mowed about 30-45 minutes and was way back behind the pond...not paying attention to my surroundings....when a rain drop hit me on the nose! I looked up and saw a huge black cloud. Instantly I was in the middle of a downpour.

Off went the blades, on went high gear and I raced for the house cussing the whole way. Too late though as the cold rain drenched me. Into the shed I sped, off went the mower....I was shivering now. And as soon as I stepped to the entrance of the shed, the rain stopped. Hmmmm someone is messing with me.

I decided I was too drenched to continue and so was the grass, walked past the hen house and noticed everyone standing around the door not going in.

I am sorry...I tried to get a picture but couldn't....they acted like something was wrong in there. I peeked in to find Flash..the white cat...curled up asleep in a nest box! When I came running back with the camera he had gotten out and was sitting to the side like nothing happened. I looked in the box and saw that he had been laying on 5 eggs!!!

So now he thinks he's a chicken.

4 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Oh my gosh, that is hysterical about the cat! :) Sorry you got drenched. We are actually having a few dry days. Finally. I am loving it!

Leasmom said...

OMG, that is so funny. I thought our cat was strange because Lea has him trained to fetch and roll over!!! OMG, that is hilarious!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

I ate some of those eggs tonight fried with spam and half expected to see a chick started in them!!!

Faith said...

I just had to look up your annual rainfall averages. Almost as much as here.

We scramble to get the mowing done between the rain as well.

~Faith