Thursday, June 25, 2009

TONIGHT WE FLEW TO ALASKA

When I left work today, little did I know that I would end up over the snow capped mountains of Alaska and out over the cold Pacific Ocean....but that is where we ended up. But not until after dark.

^
First I picked up my littlest grand kids and we went to visit Nanny and Paw Paw. They ate happy meals and then Paw Paw gave them bobble head Jose Conceco dolls. What a treat!!! Bubba held onto his all evening and had it when I dropped him off.
^
Then we drove over the lake and the magical sail boats again filled the blue water.
^
Then we passed something even more magical and we had to turn around and go back! The fireworks stand was open!!! Bubba asked me to pick him up and he sat on the counter. The owner, a man about my own age, told me how much he liked my Boo. I asked him if he had any snakes. He said all he had was a packet with that was meant for small children with a little of everything. He handed it to Bubba who inspected each and every item in it. I leaned on the counter peering over his shoulder and grinning at the owner. Finally I asked..."Well what do you think?" He said in a wisened voice, "Hmmmm. I think this will do very nicely." I paid the nice man, who then produces a dusty army tank from under the counter and asked Bubba if he would like to have it. Bubba politely said "Yes sir I would very much". We waved good bye and came on to Nenna's house.
^
When I picked them up the littlest, KK wanted nothing more than to feed the chickens. This is so funny. I provided her with a little bucket and a bag of sunflower seeds. (the chickens favorite food) She made sure every chicken had some.
^



^
I had to inspect Jack. He is almost ready for harvest. He should store nicely in the house until Halloween.
^





Finally it was dark enough to try out the fireworks.
^









There is nothing more magical than sparklers.
^







Then it was time to load back into Boo and head back to the other grand mothers house. Bubba told me as we were leaving my street that Boo could fly....Really? I said. Yes Really Neena...can you fly her high? Yes I can Bubba.....let's go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
^
And off we flew....

^
Over Oklahoma we waved down at Grandpa and Grandma Suz....then we were over Kansas, on to Iowa, swooped over Wyoming and then we entered Canadian airspace. Where to next Bubba? How about Alaska? Cool lets go! There we saw snow capped moutains, lots of snow and polar bears....then we headed out over the chilly Pacific ocean where we saw a mother whale and her baby whale. Bubba saw a shark who was getting too close to the whale family so we warned them to swim away fast.
^
Then we had to fly home to Texas and before we landed Bubba wanted to fly very very high...so we did and when we were up high he grabbed a piece of the moon and stuck it in his pocket. He gave it to his other grandmother as a surprise.
^
Now I am home and getting ready to sleep. I hope I don't have jet lag tomorrow.
^

No comments: