Friday, June 12, 2009

END OF A 3 DAY WORK WEEK

Wow that went really fast, but But many tornados touched down in N TX on Wed evening and tonight also. I am watching the radar thinking I am going to be a busy girl at work come Monday.

I got home late: 8pm with 2 grand kids in tow and two more coming later tonight.

I cooked a late dinner and as soon as food was in their tummies, their little eye lids started getting droopy. So I snuggled one down into my bed and one in another bed. I may move him to the bottom of my bed before the other two get here. There certainly is enough room.

My 2 yr old grand girl KK is so funny. Last time (from the backseat) I heard this.....vibbit vibbit vibbit vibbit vibbit...and it went on and on. Finally I said "Bubba...what is she doing?" Very matter of factly he looked over and said "She's a frog".

This week....(from the backseat) I heard ...."HELLOOOOOOO HELLOOOOOO M BODY THERE? HELLOOOOOO HELLOOOOO M BODY THERE?"

This went on for at least half an hour. I really had to laugh. I wish I could see inside her head.

Last night I taught my 2 older grand boys how to pick squash in the garden. How to twist them off of the vine and how never ever ever to step on the runners. I showed them one that I had stepped on and how it had died. Here is what we harvested: 5 squash, 3 eggs from a hidden nest and 1 small tomato. It has rippened for 24 hours and is ready to eat. I will share it between everyone in the family for breakfast. This is an important tomato.


It should be over 100 degrees here this weekend. I have much outdoor work to do. I see a couple of siestas in my near future.


Hope your weekends are productive and cool.

1 comment:

Faith said...

Hanging out with little ones helps keep us young and remembering the excitement of discovering life.

Your g-kids are so cute. LOL