Wednesday, April 1, 2009

"BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!"

Not my horse but my Deere!!!! Ok $200 later. Yep I not only bent one of my blades but I bent the deck also. I got real lucky that they were able to do the work at my home and in one day.

I couldn't wait to get home and mow. And mow I did. Only mowed a little over an acre, a little around the pond.

I HAVE A HUGE BULL FROG! He was looking at me while I was mowing. I bet he weighs at least 2 pounds. I can't believe how green everything is getting. It is amazing. I love it.

When I got off of the tractor, I fed chickens and chicks and filled waters and then just stood and enjoyed the view. GREEN. I sure hope winter is done. 10 day forecast says it will get down to 39 on Monday night though.

Didn't get the cukes in the ground. Tomorrow maybe.

There is a Chuck Wills Widow ,which to me is such a cool sounding bird, singing down in the little valley behind me where the old barn stands. Rare in this area also.

Daughter is getting ready to raid on WOW.

Nugget and his bro are covered with a blanket and going to bed (or supposed to be).

I am going to catch up online until I pass out.

Update on my nephew: they will be doing an MRI to see if he can have the treatment for his back. Keep praying.

3 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Prayers for your nephew. And sister. :) What is WOW? I love the bull frogs! Where I grew up we had little tiny tadpoles in puddles. My hubby was the first to introduce me to bull frog tadpoles! HUGE!!! And so neat! My D has some in her classroom at school. We have a zillion in the ponds! Glad your JD is up and running and that you are back in the saddle. That bird is really beautiful! And thanks for letting me know about the Vics! :) Have a great night!!

Tracy Bruring said...

Jennifer WOW is World of Warcraft...an online game. To her it is life. To me is sucks the oxigen out of the entire area. Ok maybe not that bad but it sucks up a lot of time.

Leasmom said...

Thats a game, right. Tells you how much I know.