Thursday, April 9, 2009

SMOKEY DAY!

West TX wild fires are raging! We took the kids out to the lake to picnic and before we left the smoke came rolling in from the west and blocked the sun. By the time I got home I was right ahead of it. Can't open too many windows because of it. You may not be able to tell from this pic but the sky is tan or light brown.



The fires are too far away with a lake in between to be dangerous to us, but right now my throat and eyes are very irritated. I am also staring to cough.

Well the people where I keep my horse (and the rest of my belongings) brought a trailer full of my stuff. Note the white kitty in the window waiting to come outside and pee on the trailer.



Also, they brought my pull behind trailer for the tractor. The tires must be fixed but I bought it off of craigs list for $25!!! This is a $300 trailer. Boy do I have lots of plans for this.




First ....lots of hay rides. I better stock up on gas cans. Next picking up sticks and trash around the farm, hauling in all of my tons of veggies out of the garden, hauling rabbit poo compost around the garden and fresh rabbit poo to the compost pile, hauling leaves to the compost pile, ....etc etc etc

The wind stays between 25-40 mph and is drying everything out. I have to water the garden daily.

Tonight will be a lazy night. I watered everything, and will work on doing laundry and cleaning my bathroom, bedroom and kitchen and playing on the internet.


Hope yours is cool!

3 comments:

The Forge Village Farmer said...

Wow!

The fires haven't started here in NM yet.

But I'm sure they will. Soon enough.

Great Blog!

Leasmom said...

You got that for $25 WOW. That is an excellent find!!! And the little kitty looks like they want to mark that trailer so badly...lol.

Tracy Bruring said...

I love that trailer and i haven't even used it yet. It was a great deal. Forge V Farmer, welcome and I hope you avoid this!