Sunday, April 5, 2009

END OF THE WEEKEND...KIND OF

I am sitting eating dinner, and resting. As soon as the Advil kicks in I will take a long hot shower with tons of conditioner to get the tangles out. I couldn't not work outside today. Yes 30 mph winds are VERY annoying, but the sky was blue and it was cool enough not to be hot no matter what I did. Here is what I got done this weekend:

Friday:
burned the huge debris pile
planted 2 granny smith apple trees

Saturday:
Baylor Hospital
dinner with sis

Sunday:
mowed 2 acres
trip to Home Depot for potting soil, herbs and seeds
4 trips to the back part of the field for railroad ties and telephone poles
cinder blocks and rocks...left one big rock out in the field because it kept
breaking the tow rope
pulled a million weeds in the area where I wanted the new raised bed
fed them to the happy chickens
rolled the telephone poles in place
moved the cinder blocks in place
added 3 huge bags of moisture retaining potting soil--seems like when I add this things grow
planted 2 cilantro and 1 sweet basil




I just don't have it in me to plant the seeds I got. I have 2 more days to get them in the ground in the right moon sign. I am going to plant pumpkins, canteloupe, cukes, zuchinni squash, orange hubbard squash and speghetti squash. I want a huge pumpkin patch

Here is the tow set up....old extention cord and a very tough tarp. I can't believe how well this works.



At this point even my finger tips are sore and it hurts to type so that will be the last update of the day.

4 comments:

Leasmom said...

Wow, you've done alot. I love your raised beds and using what you have. Good job! If I get this new house theres a bunch of rail road ties in the empty house next door that I could get some good use out of. Good JOB!!

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Wow, you sure got a ton done this weekend! I too love the raised beds...they are on our to do list, don't know how soon we'll get them done, but you have certainly inspired me to look for this around here to use! I hope you have a great shower and a good nights sleep. You have way more than earned it! :)

ChristyACB said...

Wow, you did amazing work this weekend! And I thought I worked hard..jeez.

My advil is waiting now too. :)

Tracy Bruring said...

lol thank you guys very much. I just got back from feeding horses, watered the cilantro and basil and am going to watch the weather to see if i need to cover the tomatos and herbs. I lost my cuke seeds!