Tuesday, April 14, 2009

SPAM AND BLACKBERRIES

I have said it before...Spam is the worlds most perfect meat (type product). I love this stuff. Tonight I had Spam lite (had a coupon for the single serving kind which made it free because it was on sale) and also on sale are HUGE blackberries. So that was dinner.
*
I just got home from grocery shopping. I got to coupon shop with no distractions and saved $54.28. Best coupon deal: I had a $1 coupon for the purchase of 2 tubs os Smart balance...I bought them and they were on sale on top of that. Then I found two coupons there were good for a free pound of Smart Balance Sticks with the purchase of a tub of the Smart Balance butter. These were $3.75 each and I got two of them for FREE!! They freeze well.
*
I was pretty happy since a lot of it went on the stock up shelf. I love Kroger. They always carry washing soda and borax so I can make home made laundry soap. That is one of my goals this coming weekend (if it is quiet). I have been saving screw top 1/2 gallon milk jugs which a friend at work is giving me and any plastic container about that size with a screw top. I am going to make a large batch of laundry soap to add to my shelves. I got two large containers of Ivory soap since I use this instead of Fels Naptha. I like the smell better. I will post more during the making.
*
I also purchased frozen items which I need day to day but also bought some things to see how they taste and how long they will freeze.
*
It took me 6 trips to the car to get everything so I haven't even gone out to check the chickens yet.
*
Cool thing: While I was unloading the car, a very large owl floated by right overhead and screached loudly. I had been wondering what was making that noise. It was dark but at least I got to see how big he was.
**Thank you all for your prayers: I will update more when I know more.
*

2 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Oh dear God, I think technology must be saturating my brain! I read your title and thought it was going to be about receiving spam messages on a blackberry cell phone! :) LOL

Way to use coupons!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

Hey I never even thought of that! True