Tuesday, April 7, 2009

FROSTY BEGINNING OF A BEAUTIFUL DAY

Last night, knowing it was going to frost this morning, I covered all of my plants with newspapers. All that is except my sweet peas. For some reason (senior moment?) I forgot to go back out with a large blanket and wrap them. But my cilantro and basil still looked a little frozen. We will see if they survive. I left for work late because I couldn't leave the covers on, and I couldn't remove them until the sun was up.

Work was work....

Then this evening I was going to meet a good friend Ron at Braums and pick up burgers and then go to a near by park to let the dogs enjoy some fresh air. Well I got to Braums early and right next door there was a very cool nursery. I am so excited. Wonderful healthy herbs were 1.99 each and they had 2 Stevia plants. I got them, and assorted others. I will write more about them tomorrow. But here is what I saw when I walked in.....


Now this is has meaning to me. When I was a child, my parents would take us several times a year to the Kissimmee FL area to go to Disney and to visit family who lived there. One of our favorite things to go see was Gatorland. It was and is my favorite part of that area. But WAY back then, when you were leaving the park, they had a tub full of baby aligators that they sold for $1 (I think)...I always got so mad at mom and dad for not buying me a pet alligator. Knowing me, that aligator would have been loose in the creeks and rivers of West Virginia within the month....there would have been stories and legands built around it and all because of me.


Mean Mom and Dad!!

3 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Cool that you found stevia plants!! I can't imagine having a gator as a pet! Hmmm...now you are all grown up, are you gonna get one? ;) LOL

Leasmom said...

That explains the amount of alligators in Florida...lol!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

LOL Hey I never thought of that. What would I name him? SPIKE!!!

No burglars here!