Friday, April 3, 2009

MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENTS

For anyone who knows me well....namely my son and daughter....you know that I at times let my life be led by fear.

I am afraid to try new things for fear of failing.

Etc....

One of my fears is having an outside fire on my own. Last year with my new fire pit I overcame that fear.




This year I overcame an ever bigger one. I burned the debris pile all by myself.

And what an amazing evening it was for this. Light breeze. Beautiful sky.




I also did something else all by myself which some of you would think is silly but I did it. I planted the two focal trees in my orchard. Two granny smith apple trees. Long after I am gone these two old trees will be producing green apples and a place for children to climb and daydream.




4 comments:

granny said...

wow ,good on you.Im a bit like that myself,thats why I havent made cheese or butter yet! I have all the things in my kitchen to do it,just havent ! You have in given me the push I needed! Hey ,I CAN do it ! thanks :0)

Tracy Bruring said...

You Go Girl Granny!! Of course you can do it...yep you might mess it up but so what????

Leasmom said...

Sweethearts, I'm proud of you.

Faith said...

It's turning green! And a blue sky makes it so beautiful. :)

~Faith