Monday, April 6, 2009

SAVAGE LITTLE MEAT BEASTIES

Dear gosh I can't wait until I get these beasts into the freezer. Their food went low today and I come home to 3 bloody chicks who won't let me catch them. After dark I will need to catch them and put Vicks on their wounds. ALSO one of them jumped out and is running around the yard. I will need to try to catch him after dark....ALSO Nugget, the one in the house has got to go! He tips his water over on purpose and then cheeps loudly until you fill it again.

April 13 they will be 8 weeks old. I am going to feed the heck out of them until then and will kill one to see how much meat is on them. I don't think I can afford to feed them this way. Next time I will need to put them in a chicken tractor (or tractors) so that they can have a run to move in and eat grass and bugs. No wonder the mega chicken producers have tried to "build" a faster maturing chick. They need to kill them before they get it in their heads to kill each other.

Freeze warning tonight. It will get down to 30! The girl at Cold Antler Farm says exactly what I feel about April...I will not repeat it but will let you read it for yourself.

I am going to go clean my dirty kitchen now and pout.

4 comments:

ChristyACB said...

Oh goodness! They sound like quite a handful. Maybe they do have some personality after all. Or, they know they are going to be food and are getting a little up front revenge?

Tracy Bruring said...

lol ok now that is possible? But why attack each other? I think they are just savage meat beasties!

Tipper said...

I'd be pouting too!! Looks like you got a lot accomplished over the weekend. Cold has returned here too.

Leasmom said...

Wow, yeah isn't it weird how they have such a short life span but that is a good thing in the end for us but they're only meat for a short bit.n Good luck with the culling.