Sunday, April 5, 2009

WINDY COLD DAY

Well the wind is roaring again today. 30-40 mph. And cold as a cold front moved through the area last night. I may try a new church today. It is already almost nine though and I have a stress headache and am worn out. I may wait until Easter sunday. We will see when the clothes come out of the dryer.

Here are pics of the grand boys in OK fishing and playing with snakes.




All are fed and watered outside. I had a fire in the stove earlier but let it die out. I will probably need it again tonight. I will watch the weather closely as they are calling for freeze warnings.
After I feed horses I am going up to see my newphew at Baylor and then will come home and try to mow. I don't like to work out in the wind when it is this strong. It takes forever to get the tangles out of my hair. Even if I tie it up.
I will need to water the blueberries and the apple trees today. I wish I had gone ahead and burned the wood in the little fire pit so I could clean it out and dig it bigger. I am going to Home Depot today to look at the herb plants and while I am there I will look at a grate that I saw there once that I feel can be used for cooking over an open fire and also a cover over my burn barrel.
If so I will buy two of them. Cooking eggs and potatos for breakfast.



1 comment:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

You have a gorgeous family.:) I hope your headache gets better...and get some rest! :) I know, I know...so much to do, it is hard to slow down sometimes. It is rainy snowy cold here today. Come on Spring! :)What kind of herbs are you planning on?