Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1:30 am and I am awake

This doesn't surprise me.
*
My son is leaving for Afghanistan in half an hour. I was so worried that he would oversleep I didn't sleep. My daughter had closed at work and had just gotten home.
*
So she and I sat on the porch and waited for him to call us. While out there I took an empty Gatorade bottle and began catching june bugs. I have about 25 ready to be chicken food in the morning. I believe I am going to make this a tradition. I may string the power cord again and put up a light in the older chicken house so they can catch them on their own.
*
The fun went out of it when I found one inside my shirt.
*
Flash got out so I can't go to bed until he comes in. Yes I am a worry wart. But that was a BIG owl the other night. Since he is white it would spot him fast.
*

3 comments:

ChristyACB said...

I hope your son comes back as hale and whole as he left and with the same smile on his face.

As for the June bugs, that was pretty funny!

Tracy Bruring said...

me too christy!! thank you

Leasmom said...

I wish your son luck!!! Hope he's back soon. That sounds gun catching the bugs and I'm sure the chickens would've enjoyed it a great deal.