Saturday, April 4, 2009

Long Hard Day

My plans today were basic...Home Depot, plant seeds, feed horses, mow, mow, mow. But I got a call from my sister. Her son had been sent home from the hospital yesterday only to not be able to get out of bed today screaming in pain. The ambulance took him to Baylor Dallas and we followed. All day at the hospital only to be told that there was no further break in his back, only additional pain. They kept him for pain therapy but will probably need to be in a rehabilitation hospital. One that deals with broken backs.

Got home right at dark. Looks like the neighbor behind me might be having a party tonight. Gonna be loud.

Got some pics of the grand kids in OK. They are visiting their other grand parents there this weekend. Will have to load them tomorrow. Too tired tonight. My sister is my hero. She deals with stuff like this all the time along with her cancer treatment.

3 comments:

Captain's Wife - Jennifer said...

Sending hugs and prayers you and your sister and nephew's way. I hope you can all get some rest tonight. (((HUGS)))

Leasmom said...

Oh my, I really hope that they will be alright, both your nephew and sister. Sending prayers their way.

Tracy Bruring said...

Thank you guys. I really appreciate your prayers.