Sunday, October 3, 2010

PEACEFUL SUNDAY

Updated:

The sun is shining. The breeze is blowing. Clean clothes are blowing on the clothes line. 77 degrees outside and the sky is so blue. I love fall.

I am beginning to smell the two apple pies baking in the oven. 2 loaves of bread are rising and will go in right behind the pies.

My truck is full of free lumber that a friend gave me...ready to be off loaded.

The kitchen was cleaned from top to bottom yesterday so baking today was really fun.

Getting ready to sort my seeds and read up on the rest of what I need to plant. Weekends like this one are very refreshing.

***UPDATE

I took a walk in my field to see if I could identify any wild plants. Here is what I found:

1. I smelled something dead in around my pond. You can't see into the pond it is so overgrown on the edge with assorted trees. I walked around the back and discovered the water in the pond was completely gone. The smell was coming from down inside. I walked down and found that I had had hundreds of small minnow like fish that had been living in the pond and I didn't even know it. It made me sad to see them dead.

2. I saw raccoon prints in the pond...this is not a good thing to have around chickens. I hope Bull stays alert.

3. Willow: I will be peeling these and drying the inner bark for tea



4. The bread was done baking



5. The pies were cool enough to taste!

6. And these yet unidentified plants and trees:








Nothing in here:

No comments: