Thursday, April 8, 2010

AMAZING SPRING EVENING

It is 66 degrees F, blue sky, birds singing, sun shining, no mud. What more could you ask for?

It is so hard to go the speed limit on a day like this. All I could think about all afternoon at work was playing in the dirt! I haven't made it home before 9 all week because of events with the grand boys. I made up for lost time.

First I worked on securing all of the plastic I had left.

























Then I began to work on a corner bed in the new kitchen garden.

First a layer of Llama poo, and then top soil and custom blend compost.

















Then I watered the tomatos and peppers and noticed I have a tiny pepper!!


















I then watered the collards, lettuce, spinach and broccoli and brought in a huge bowl of fresh crisp broccoli. It still shocks me at how amazing fresh broccoli tastes.





























I noticed a hen who is being picked on. She has lost feathers. I will have to go out after dark and smear her with Vicks Vapo Rub to keep the other hens from picking on her. I need about 20 more hens to keep the boys busy too.

I spotted a couple of pit bulls about a hundred yards away so I thought I would be prepared.
























After all of this I came inside and juiced a cucumber, celery, a granny smith apple and a carrot. That is a wonderful juice. (warning it looks like poo after you mix it up)






























I noticed a pair of birds carrying bedding material into the far bird house. I love spring so much.

No comments: