Saturday, December 20, 2008

MY ROOSTER FOUND HIS CROW!

I FEEL LIKE I HAVE A REAL FARM. I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! HE IS CROWING UP A STORM OUT THERE LIKE HE KNEW HOW ALL ALONG AND JUST DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT!!

I WAS WORRIED....UNTIL KNOW EVERYTIME THE ROOSTERS DOWN THE ROAD WOULD CROW.....HE WOULD PRIMP! NOW IF HE PROVES THAT HE CAN SIRE SOME BABIES, I MIGHT GIVE HIM A BETTER NAME THAN STUD MUFFIN!

THE GRANDBOYS WERE SO EXCITED. THEY FOUND AN EGG IN THE NEST BOX. THANK YOU OREO.



HARVESTED 1/2 POUND OF DANDELION ROOTS. CLEANED THEM AND GROUND THEM UP. ALSO CLEANED AND GROUND UP ORANGE PEELS AND GINGER; THEY ARE MIXED TOGETHER ON LOW HEAT IN THE TOASTER OVEN. WHEN IT IS DRY I WILL STORE IT IN A JAR AND GRIND IT WITH A COFFEE GRINDER AND MAKE COFFEE OUT OF IT. WITH CREAM AND SUGAR IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL CLEANSING WINTER DRINK.





It was 70 degrees this morning but now the wind has switched around to from the North. Not a blue Norther but the temps are on a steady decline and by tomorrow morning it should be 28 degrees.


I am ready. The fireplace is cleaned out and the bucket is full of kindling. Brought a new load of fire wood and am getting ready to go get more.


2 comments:

Leasmom said...

That cleansing tea sounds really good. And its exciting for the kids to get eggs isn't. Oreo is earning her keep!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

Yes she is. She took a 1 day break. I hope Red starts laying soon. And the auracanas. It is cold her tonight.