Wednesday, December 10, 2008

HOME MIXED CHICKEN FEED



Ok I got a recipe for home mixed chicken food and as any good cook I altered the recipe. I needed more protein than the feed at our feed store contained:



50lb laying pellets 20% protein ---I USED 16% LAYER
25lb of rabbit pellets 18% protein --16% RABBIT PELLETS
10lb black oil sunflower seed --I USED 20#
25lb whole corn ---DIDN'T ALTER
25lb of a good scratch 12% protein --9% PROTEIN
AS THESE WERE ALL TOO LOW PROTEIN I ADDED A 50# BAG OF WHOLE OATS









2 comments:

Leasmom said...

What a great recipe!!! Right now I'm feeding them duck/geese feed along with wild bird seed, scratch feed with cracked corn and pumpkin seeds, and oats...I like your's alot. Good job!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

Thank you!! I hope it lasts a long time. They really like it though. They age probably 4 pounds of it today. That still works out to about 2 months worth.