Sunday, November 7, 2010

FROZEN UNBAKED BREAD

I made large batch of bread last weekend and baked 1 loaf and froze 4. I let the dough go through the first rise, and then punched it down, formed it in loaves and put it in the freezer on a cookie sheet. When it was solid I wrapped in plastic wrap and put it back in the freezer.

Last night I got one loaf out and put it in a greased pan and let it sit on the counter til morning. First thing this morning I baked it.

The first thing I will do differently next time is I will freeze them in bread pans so they retain the shape. Next I will make them bigger.




But the outside was crunchy and flaky. I liked the texture better than my regular bread!

2 comments:

Caddie said...

yum, just looking at the picture of that bread makes my stomach rumble. The thought of strawberry jam. Honey? Beautiful loaf you got there.

Tracy Bruring said...

Thank you sissy! Next year! I hope to grow strawberries. That is the one jelly I love!