Tuesday, November 9, 2010

FINANCIAL BELT TIGHTENING

First: my refinance loan was denied for 3 reasons:
1. I own 3 acres in the country
2. I only have 2 of the 3 required municipal provided utilies
3. I own CHICKENS

Go figure....well time to tighten the belt. I have had enough.

Ok I want to see how little I can get my groceries down to.

Tonight's dinner simmering right now in the pot:
northern beans
home canned bbq pork
a little brown sugar
chopped home grown jalepenos and banana peppers

# of meals 7
cost per meal: $1
plus cornbread .25

Breakfasts:
1/2 cup homemade granola
1 cup skim milk
cost per meal: $1

Lunches:
1 large slice of dried meat (yum)
1 large apple or asian pear
cost per meal $2

Cost for the week: 29.75

Now can I stick to it?

3 comments:

Faith said...

You ought to be able to tighten your leather belt as well, if you eat like this.

Seriously, these are the reasons they gave you? Ridiculous.

I often wonder about private refinancing. When you see how many people want to invest money, but are reduced to comparing low interest investments, wouldn't you think it would be a great thing for them to invest in home loans, which can pay a bigger rate than most others?

5 or 6 percent is a pretty good rate. I'm so financial whiz, but seems good to me.

They could look at your situation and realize that those three items are EXACTLY the reason why you WON'T default on a loan. They represent commitment to the land.

~Faith

Anonymous said...

You can do it! That is a ridiculous reason!

Tracy Bruring said...

I agree with you both. Where else in todays market is your investment going to return 5%? Yep he read them to me. A woman on another thread basically is it because chickens and their diseases cause the land to be toxic!!!! can you believe this?