This is an odd word. But it has deep meaning to me. I am now officially estranged with my daughter. Quick turn around wasn't it?
I am very unsure of how it happened but suffice it to say, I will not be treated with disrespect in my own home.
So for the first time in almost a year, I am living alone. I have spent the last 24 hours in a hurt daze. But now I move forward. You know me. I will always move forward.
I want to see the positive in this so I will make a list! First though, I do not hate living alone. I have done it a lot over the past 9.5 years. Most of the time there is great peace there.
1. Peace...when you live alone....you come home to a peace filled home (99% of the time)
2. Utilities: the cost of my utilities will be cut by at least 2/3-when alone I am very strict about the a/c not being on, the lights being off, etc.
3. Clean home: I was in a situation where even if I cleaned it would not stay that way. Now it will
4. What I buy will stay on the cabinet.
5. I can hatch chicks and not feel bad by not helping them out of their shells.
6. I can now guilt free butcher the chicks I hatch (yes this was a problem...her heart was too soft)
One thing that was said to me in an attempt to be hurtful was my ownership of my home...it was thrown back at me as if it was a bad thing. I lived in a camper for two years to save for a down payment. I am proud of the fact that I was able, as a single woman to buy a 3 acre farm. I will not allow anyone to remove that part of my pride. I work hard every day to maintain an income and this home.
So now I move forward. As with animals, my heart hardens on any who runs away. I offer the gift of my home....I will not require that they stay. I simply require respect.