Tuesday, July 14, 2009

PUMPKIN HARVEST AND ANIMAL RESCUE

I have a wonderful friend who mailed chalk to me for my grandboys. The boys are with us for the next 3 weeks!! woohoooo!!!!!!!! So the first order of business? Decorate the chicken house.






Second order of business? Pumpkin harvest. We took the last two from the garden. I will check and see if there is any sign of additional growing pumpkins. If not I will pull all of the pumpkin vines.







The boys asked me if they could carve faces in the pumpkins. I told them no and that we needed to wait til Halloween. Then I weighed the 12 # pumpkin I harvested last week and it is down to 10# now. I don't think they will last til halloween. We may have to have halloween early.


And I will need to start another pumpkin patch.

Flash loves hiding in the pumpkin vines.




Flash and Baby are big helpers. They are great supervisors.



Then we discovered that a little chicken had escaped. Jayden helped rescue Bandit.



Baby, the great hunter that he is caught a mousie and was getting ready to eat it when Jayden discovered him. Animal rescuer that he is, he saved the mousie and took him way down into the field and let him go.








3 comments:

Peggy said...

what memories you are making with the grands! I am loving spending time with mine too.

Leslie said...

What fun! The boys will have these wonderful memories forever. Your pumpkins look great.

Tracy Bruring said...

Thank you guys. I hope they remember it always. I want them to love it here. I also want them to want to come back and visit when they are grown.