Tuesday, January 20, 2009

THE MEANING OF DREAMS

Some dreams just need to be immortalized.

Mine:

It was time for family reunion. Someone in our family had chosen the beach....during Hurricane Season. This was in bits and pieces.

I was floating in clear blue water...no land in sight..the most beautiful water I have ever seen. I was swimming with Heather (daughter) and Michelle Obama...(family?). I started swirling around..not sure what was causing that....and I could see that Heather was laughing because there was a school of barracuda's coming for her. She thought that was neat. More swirling....now I could see that a school of huge jelly fish was rubbing up against Michelle Obama as she floated clueless and smiling.
Scene change--
I was in the tiki bar for the hotel we were staying in....the hotel was at least 20 stories tall on a white sand beach. I was talking to Ron Wangler (family?) I was asking him why he only brough Lucie (his pooch) and not Pete (other pooch). He looked at me with a funny look and said, "Do you think I should go get him? The house is only 15 minutes away." Ok I have no clue how Ron came to live near the beach but I am soooo jealous!
Scene change....
I was standing on the beach looking out over the ocean at black clouds roiling in and thinking...oh this can't be good. From behind me an old man said, "It's only a CAT 2...don't worry." I turned to look at him and standing next to him was a boy about 10 yrs old (family?)
Scene change...
I was in the lounge where many people were partying to beat all with a huge big screen on the wall showing the radar of a very large hurricane heading for our hotel...how I could see our hotel on a radar I have no clue...but there it was.
Scene change....
I was in my room with the 10 yr old boy. His (grandfather?) was waiting for us in the stair well. We were there to get something...must have been something very important because outside all the bare (no curtains) windows the sky was roiling and black. The room was high up...maybe the top floor. I thought it funny that the boy could not keep his balance..then I saw why. The hurricane had hit and the building was severely swaying...back and forth like a twig in the wind. All the boy and I could think to do was get pillows, lay on the ground...because there was no furniture in the hotel room....and pray. I found that I had forgotten how or who I should pray to.
Scene change...
In the stairwell...standing in front of the (grandfather?) old man. Then I got a text message from my daughter in law in NC and woke up.

4 comments:

Leasmom said...

The fact that you remembered that dream is amazing. I always forget my dreams. Maybe there's some kind of message in the dream!

Peggy said...

You should ask crowweaver (Juli) to interpet it for you

Tracy Bruring said...

Peggy I just sent her a pm. Should be interesting. Patrice if you don't follow Peggy's home stead site, make sure to ready about her adventures today. Makes my life seem so boring!

Juli said...

Tracy,

I have it ready and will PM it to you :)