Saturday, January 17, 2009

2am With a really sick child and farm naming

I am sitting hear posting while listening to my daughter talk softly to her youngest son who is running a fever and coughing sharply. I haven't heard the sound of croup in a long time. Poor baby feels very bad. He will need lots of home made organic broth tomorrow.

As I sit hear, looking at the embers of the dying fire, marveling at how warm the livingroom still is, I am thinking that I need to give my farm an official name.

I would love to hear your ideas on this. Peggy has Hidden Haven, Jenna has Cold Antler, so I want my farm to have it's own unique name.

Maybe I need to wait until it naturally develops, but I would rather choose it based on my dreams.

I am not very inventive. I need ideas!

4 comments:

Leasmom said...

You have chickens but are you planning on having any other animals? And what are your goals in farming? That could help with coming up with a name...

If I had a farm it would be easy having the name(s) in my family...we're Barnes, Farmer, MacDonalds...so that's easy. My mother's maiden name is Barnes, she married a Farmer. I'm a Farmer that had a child with a MacDonald, whose legal name is Farmer-MacDonald, so it would be the Farmer-MacDonald farm-lol!

Carole Burant said...

Since it's always been your dream to have a farm, how about Dream Acres?

Your poor little grandchild, I do hope he feels better real soon! I remember my son Corey having the croup a couple of times when he was a young child and it sure was no fun. xoxo

Leasmom said...

Yeah, I hope he'll be fine. I'm sure your broth will help a great deal.

Tracy Bruring said...

Patrice that is quite a family tree!!! My heritage is through WV and my mom is a McCoy, and my dad is a Hatfield. My maiden name is Browning. My granny's farm where i have the fondest memories are in Matewan WV. my brain hurts