Thursday, July 24, 2008

RABBIT POO IS HERE!


It must be Christmas. I brought home my first load of rabbit manure from a lady who raises show rabbits. So this is really fancy poo. I was half way home, talking on the phone to a very special friend, driving 60 MPH and I look over and sitting on the passenger seat is the biggest ugliest bug you have ever seen in your life! AND IT TURNED IT'S HEAD AND LOOKED AT ME!! It got away when I tried to kill it. Now all I could think was the bags of fancy poo in the back seat of my car must be teaming with the giant bugs that look at you. I had 10 more miles to go! I made it home and got the fancy poo out of my car, built my new raised bed and poured in some of the poo. The rest will go into the compost pile so those giant mystery larvae can grow and multiply. Maybe when they grow up we can have intelligent conversations.

1 comment:

Faith said...

OH, that was SOOO funny! LOL

Rabbit pebbles are like gold nuggets for your garden. Just sprinkle them in if you get them early enough. I think I read at one time that 2 rabbits can perfectly fertilize one acre of garden in a year. I'd love to find out.

Michael and I would like to raise some meat rabbits eventually, when we get some other projects out of the way.

~Faith