Sunday, July 6, 2008

AND THEN CAME BULL

Ok, What does every great farm have? A lazy dog on the front porch of course. A dog who will protect and serve. So when I got the email from My sister about golden retrever puppies for free, I knew It was the perfect opportunity. My daughter in law was living with me and could help me potty train. And he would not be alone so much every day while I am at work. I already knew his name...Bull. I knew Jayden and Dakota (grandboys)should be the ones to pick him out. We traveled up to Princeton TX and walked into the home with 11 puppies. Dakota walked straight over, picked up the biggest one....Jayden looked at him and said, "Yep that's him". Thus there is Bull. Full Blood Golden Retriever. Sure enough Mommy dog was a beautiful Golden. Now girls you must admit that there are times in our lives when we make a decision based on other things than our good sense. Our hearts get lonely, and along comes the big, strong, silent type and he sweeps us off of our feet...or paws. Well by the time Bull was 2 months old we all knew who daddy had been. Not a golden but a Great Pyrenees! When Bull was 2 months old he could stand up and put his paws on the bathroom counter. 3 months old the kitchen counter. At 5 months old he weighs 63 pounds. He loves me so much. Almost as much as his mousie. And he loves grand kids...he just doesn't know how to control all 63 pounds yet.



No comments: