Sunday, July 27, 2008

BIRD BATTLEFIELD

What is in the air? Someone must have told the hummers that I was putting up a new feeder today because when I woke up and opened the door, there were now at least 10 hummers buzzing my front yard. I which I was quicker with the camera. I will try harder to get pics. But there was so much violence in the front yard it got the mockingbirds going. Now I live in the middle of a huge avian battlefield which I am sure will spread to the other areas and then will be on the news! Maybe I need to put valium in the hummer nectar? Today after work, I am going to clean the goat pens where my horse boards and bring that to the compost pile, rake up the pine needles and pile them in the back by the garden. They are good to mulch blueberries. The I am going to pull everything off the porch and prep the front of the house for paint. I don't have help so I will be doing this myself. This should be very interesting. I will work on the house til dark every night this week when I get home.

But before that I made coffee and sat in my chair in the front yard, watching the battle and listening the wind chime and the birds and enjoyed the morning so much. That is a dangerous thing to do though. I came up with all kinds of ideas!!

No comments: