Saturday, July 26, 2008

I LOVE TEXAS

I know that there are amazing places in the United States but for me Texas is perfect. (ok so maybe a white sand beach, rum punch and a cabana boy in attendance is perfect but you know what I mean!) Not too much cold, not too much mud, lots of heat. This morning was one of those mornings that make me grateful to be alive and living in Texas. At 7am it was cool. Drinking coffee and cleaning out the turkey pen the birds and cicadas where just waking up. I could hear the sound of my wonderful wind chime everywhere I went.


The hummers were swarming the feeder thankful for the fresh cool nectar.










In two hours I had mowed, cleaned and fed turkeys and started the compost pile. Since this year is kind of a wash for produce the plan is to work hard to prepare for next year. I must get the fence up to block off the garden area since Bull is convinced he is helping me by "ariating" my gardens. Then there is the chicken house. The plan is to get it finished in the next month (hopefully) so the chickies can get established before winter.




















While working hard outside I happened to look up at Bull. I had put him up when I found that he had been gardening in the night. He had gotten his head caught in a large silver tarp and was waiting patiently for me to help him out. I have said it before...he is a special needs doggie....but I love him anyway.


4 comments:

Peggy said...

You sure are getting lots done! I am still way behind

Tracy Bruring said...

Peggy you have years on me. I am just getting started and I don't have anyone to help. I sure wish I could afford a handy man!

Roofrat said...

Sounds like farm life needs a visit from the NAKED CARPENTER!! I bet he could get that chicken coop built for you darn skippy fast!

Tracy Bruring said...

roof rat, I would have to have my camera handy for that! lol