Friday, July 11, 2008

A New Personal Challenge

Oil prices! Gas Prices! 1 Hour drive to work! Credit Cards! Calgon Take me Away!!!

Ok, so we can't hide from what is going on in the economy. It is taking it's toll on even the hermits I know. Most of us are not self reliant yet so what can we do to help our selves?

Well here is my own personal plan for the farm. It doesn't grow anything yet so I am stuck buying from the grocery store for now. I have only Bull and the kitties to play with most of the time so what new game can I play? HOW LOW CAN IT GO?

That is the name of my new game. I want to see how low I can get my monthly costs each month (without suffering too horribly...after all it is Texas in the summer).
Propane
Electricity
Water
Cell Phone
Gasoline usage
Food
These are the items that are flexible...lets see how low I can get them

Other than house pmts, insurance and such, I have three credit cards with balances that need to go away....Total...(yikes) $4850!! This includes the tractor. My goal? 4 month pay off! Why else am I working so much overtime?

Cold Turkey Items
**NO MORE FAST FOOD NO MATTER WHAT
**NO MORE GROCERY STORES BETWEEN PAYDAYS NO MATTER WHAT

I have created a spread sheet to track my $ and will keep all my receipts.

THIS IS GOING TO BE A FUN GAME! I AM UP TO THE CHALLENGE! ARE YOU?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! More people need to try and do this. I have no doubt you will succeed and do it well.

Faith said...

Tractor! I'm sooooooo envious! Not really, I'm actually very happy for you. What a blessing a tractor is in all sorts of work.

How is your financial plan sticking? I've had to cut way back as well, as my DH does not send enough money, and sometimes none at all, like this week.

~Faith