Tuesday, May 18, 2010

GOOD USE OF LITTLE DAYLIGHT

On the drive home I was thinking about what I could do with the little bit of daylight I would have left. (Maybe 30 minutes if I was lucky)

Mow this....clean up that...plant the other thing...none of them sounded fun after an 11.5 hour day.

One thing for sure I was going to brew a pot of fire coffee so that it was ready in the morning. for some reason these days the thought of making a good pot of coffee at 4:45am is just too much for me. So as I type I can smell that wonderful smell coming from the kitchen and I can hear the perculator performing a miracle.

It came to me when I pulled in the driveway. Just for fun I would throw on some shorts and grab a container and take a walk along the fence line and check for blackberries.

I can't believe I didn't do this with the boys on Sunday. This would have been a great outing.




4 cups of wonderful sweet juicy blackberries. Enough for 2 batches of homemade blackberry icecream made with local raw milk from Lucky Layla Farm in Plano,TX.

I will get the milk tomorrow and take it and the berries to my Mom and Dad who have a great new icecream maker. Yum

4 comments:

Caddie said...

Yummy looking! The season for you there is about six weeks ahead of here in east Tennessee. My briars are just putting out blooms.
If you will please, post us a recipe for that ice cream. Blackberry Sauce is a topper here.

Faith said...

Good looking berries! Are they wild, or cultivated?

I thought you were going to say you took that last 30 minutes and sat there in a rocking chair, eating berries and watching the sun go down. Both are fantastic ways to end the daylight. :o)

~Faith

Anonymous said...

WOW. Can you fedex them to me!

Tracy Bruring said...

Keep watch carefully Sissy. These still have flowers also; Faith they are completly wild. These grow all along the fence line surrounding over 3 acres. This coming winter I plan on working on pruning and mulching them with compost so that next years berries will be even bigger. If I can keep Bull away from them since he loves them to!!

Frugal they are in the hands of my daddy and I told him I will hunt him down if there isn't any icecream left when I get there tomorrow.

I will post the recipe as soon as he emails me back