Sunday, March 14, 2010

Saturday work

This doesn't look like much but it represents about 60 miles of travel and a lot of sweat. It took 2 truckloads just to fill the pond at the end of my driveway. I have a long way to go. I think I will have a dump truck load brought in.







I have decided to move the garden beds and put them right by my back door and put up a small fence around the kitchen garden just to keep out the dog.

also I will be running 50ft of wire across the back yard and adding a gate to make a large chicken yard. Between the kitchen garden and the chicken yard will be a run of grass that Bull has access to to patrol.

We removed the platic sheeting from the chicken house as it was making the leaking worse.

This morning as the sun comes up at almost 8am! I will be picking up the front yard, cleaning off the front porch, cleaning house and doing laundry. I have one bunny cage to clean out and litter boxes to clean out.

I bought two packages of strawberries and will be "building" berry buckets today.

I also took a big step and bought a package of asparagus and will be starting my first asparagus bed. I hope you all are enjoying spring.

No comments: