Saturday, February 20, 2010

SATURDAY BLOG 2

For the past two days when I open the worm box all of the worms are at the top and seem sluggish and are trying to escape.

This is a sure sign that your worms are not happy.

I decided to try several experiments. I took plastic bottles and added dirt and different types of food to them with a few worms to see if I could tell what food they love the most. In the box that had nothing but dirt in it...the worms disappeared into the dirt.

That made me think that I didn't have enough dirt in it. So I got dirt and covered the top. Then I pushed down the "escapees" and suddenly everyone was happy. I am not sure if it is because they were not getting enough O2 or if it was the dirt. But I left the lid off and none have come to the top. Raising worms is a lot more difficult than it sounds.


No comments: