Wednesday, September 16, 2009

SEED SAVING

I planted soybeans this year and because the pumpkins and squash exploded, only 2 plants produced. They were completly engulfed by the vines of both. So since I only had those I did not harvest but let them grow and produce pods. when they were done I pulled the whole plant and hung it in the kitchen to dry.

Flash helped me de-pod the seeds today so they could be stored for next years planting.




This little cup of seeds represents about 4 or more packets of seed packets from just 2 plants. Cool right?

3 comments:

Leasmom said...

Tracy, I finally found you again. I am so sorry that you lost your nephew. I really am sorry.

I have a new blog with Frugal Tips and recipes...

http://sweeteabiscuitsandgravy.blogspot.com/

I hope to hear from you soon.

Faith said...

LOL

Yeah, I've had production along that scale as well.

~Faith

Tracy Bruring said...

Patrice it is really good to hear from you. I was slightly worried.

Faith...don't kitties in your lap help your get your work done much faster?? lol