Wednesday, April 8, 2009

ONE DAY LATE PLANTING

Ok I got in after dark yesterday and although there was almost a full moon, I was very tired and didn't feel like moon gardening. Do I missed the moon time for planting these plants by one day. I wonder if it will matter?
My dad swears that he planted the sweet peas on time while I was gone but they do not have blooms and they should by now.

Tonight I planted 2 more tomato plants (forgot to write down the names--I will get them tomorrow), one tiny thyme plant with the teeniest leaves and a creeping kind of shape..it should grow over the edge of this cinder block. Also I planted two curry plants, the two stevia plants, catmint, pepper mint, marigolds which I still have not transplanted all that I started, and also planted cantelope and zuchinni.


Then I built a pumpkin patch. I think it will take over the garden. So will the squash plants if they do good.

Then I watered the blueberries, the apple trees, the oak tree out front, the swiss chard and mesclin lettuce, the front tomatos and peppers, and ghe dill and varigated thyme out front. I have 5 strawberry plants coming up. I have never planted these so I have no idea if they will do anything. If they do it will be next year.

4 comments:

ChristyACB said...

Your pumpkin patch is 4x4? Looks like it. How many will you put in there?

I have one 4x4 raised bed that I'm experimenting with the 3 sisters method in. Corn, beans twining around the corn and then pumpkin plants twining around it all and shading the ground. I was thinking just 2 plants.

granny said...

Your gardens are looking great,I love fresh herbs,couldnt go without them now.And the price of a small bunch at the shops is just so rediculous!!who on earth buys them????

Leasmom said...

Looks really good!!!

Tracy Bruring said...

Christy I planted 6. If they all grow I will thin them to 4 and let them run as far as they want. All my years of growing up my father (who has a thumb the shade of green so dark Ireland is jealous) never planted corn without beans. I can't grow corn here in this part of TX and believe it or now, neither can my dad.

Thanks granny and patrice. I love fresh herbs in salad, me and my son love fresh cucumber sandwiches with mayo and fresh dill weed. It is our summer sandwich. If I can get the herbs growing well, I will experiment with drying some.