Saturday, March 5, 2016



I live 1 hour from work



It seems so far however at the time I purchased my farm....and now...this is the closest farm I would afford



Then after 14 years my work announced that in 2 years they will be moving us an additional 30 minutes more away from my home....that is 3 hours of driving every day. 780 hours per year just driving to work.



As I came out of the elevator an assistant VP of the company asked me a simple question:



HAVEN'T YOU THOUGHT OF MOVING CLOSER TO WORK?






How do I tell someone like that:






My lifelong dream was to own a farm






I lived in a camper for 3 years on a goat farm to save my down payment






My grandchildren love my farm…we make memories there






If I move toward work I am moving away from my family children and grand children






My mother is in assisted living and i would be moving away from her






I would have to give up all of my animals; 6 ducks, 12 chickens, 4 cats, 2 dogs, 1 guinea










How do you even respond to someone who asks this?


Not many people would NOT ask this





No comments: